November 20th is less than a month away, which means that we are right on the cusp of seeing how everything turns out for Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark and the rest of the citizens of Panem in The Hunger Games franchise. A lot has happened to Katniss since she first volunteered as tribute in place of her sister for the 74th annual Hunger Games. Here are 12 reasons you must re-watch The Hunger Games films before Mockingjay, Part 2 is released in theaters. The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay, Part 1 are all currently available on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD courtesy of Lionsgate Home Entertainment.
1. The bond between Katniss and Prim will move you to tears.
Before it all began, these sisters had each other.
2. Haymitch’s antics are always amusing.
Seriously though, can you blame the guy for turning to the bottle after everything he’s been through?
3. The fashion is incredibly iconic.
Just look at that amazing craftsmanship.
4. It’s a chance to pay homage to Cinna and the symbol that he helped create.
He’s the one that made sure Katniss had her mockingjay pin with her at the beginning of the first games. RIP Cinna.
5. Go back to see how it all began for Peeta and Katniss.
It was a rough start for the duo, but it’ll all work out in the end….hopefully.
6. Or go ahead and get super nostalgic about Katniss and Gale, if that’s your thing.
It is a rather difficult choice.
7. Remember when Katniss became the symbol for the revolution.
8. Reflect back on the other tributes who have also been through hell because of President Snow and the Hunger Games.
District 12 isn’t the only district that has suffered immensely.
9. Pay respect to all the death and destruction.
It just proves how fragile societies are when they under crossing power.
10. Tap back into your hatred of President Snow.
He is clearly El Diablo.
11. Laugh at Effie Trinket dressed as a House Elf.
Poor Effie, wig-less and without her clown makeup holed up in District 13.
12. And finally, remember how incredibly badass Katniss is with a bow and arrow.
Who would want to be caught on the other side of that?!
17 Times 'The Hunger Games' Played With Our Emotions
What 'Hunger Games' District Do You Belong In?
The Greatest 'Hunger Games' Parodies
14 Thoughts We Have During Every Episode Of 'Supernatural'
15 Reasons Why Haleb is End Game on 'Pretty Little Liars'
The 10 Most Unrealistic Situations on 'The Walking Dead'
15 Times The Rock Was An Actual Gift To Us All
13 Times Superman Was Fine AF